Puerto Vallarta is providing discounted rates on popular activities during its low season. Free activities also offer opportunities to save.
Things to do and places to see in the resort town include:
- Walk the Malecon: the Malecon is the boardwalk that hugs the historic downtown and the coastline of the Bay of Banderas. The north side of the Malecon starts off at Hotel Rosita and ends by the Amphitheater beside the Plaza de Armas. Attractions include local artwork, statues, seaside artists, shopping, restaurants and bars.
- Witness the Zona Romantica: here, visitors will find cobblestone streets, terra-cotta roofs, historic buildings, and winding roads that lead up into the lush, jungled hillsides.
- Relax at the Beaches: Most beaches in Mexico are public and, therefore, free.
- Go inside the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe: This red brick cathedral is known for the golden crown that sits atop.
- Look from Cerro de La Cruz Mirador: Witness Puerto Vallarta’s historic downtown, the Church, the Hotel Zone, and views of the Bay of Banderas from this clifftop perch.
- Attend the ArtWalk: A contribution to the city's art scene is the weekly ArtWalk, which is held every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during high season.
In other Puerto Vallarta news, the destination’s airport is planning to double its capacity. Construction is set to begin next year, and its completion is slated for 2025.
For more information, visit www.visitpuertovallarta.com