Fans of the Game of Thrones HBO series can sail to its filming spots with Variety Cruises. The company is cruising to Croatia, Iceland and Spain on three different itineraries spotlighting some of the most iconic GOT locations, including Dubrovnik, Croatia; Reykjavik, Iceland or Seville, Spain.
- Discover the the Adriatic, Dalmatian and of the Ionian Seas. Cruises to Croatia, Albania, Montenegro and Greece.
- Dalmatian Coast: Croatia and Montenegro aboard the 17 Cabin M/Y Callisto- Sailing dates from June 7, 2019 - August 21, 2020
- Tales of Croatia, Montenegro, Albania & Greece aboard the 17 Cabin M/Y Callisto- Sailing dates from May 31, 2019 - September 11, 2020
The cruise itineraries include two days to discover Dubrovnik, the main filming location in Croatia for King's Landing. The Baroque architecture was used as a setting for many of GOT’s iconic scenes. The cruise also includes a day in Split, a town on Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast, known for its beaches and the fortress-like complex at its center, another GOT film location. The medieval fortress Klis was featured in GOT season four when Daenerys Targaryen and her army marched towards Meereen to free the slaves. The streets of Meereen were shot both on Klis Fortress and in Diocletian’s Palace in Split.
Iceland is known for its volcanic landscape of geysers, hot springs, waterfalls, glaciers and black-sand beaches.
- The Icelandic Saga aboard the 24 Cabin M/S Panorama- Sailing dates from June 8- September 14, 2019
Guests can experience the landscapes shown “North of the Wall” on an itinerary that includes many GOT locations featured throughout all eight seasons, including a visit to Grundafjordur, an Icelandic town with an optional excursion of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula. This small fishing village lies next to Mt. Kirkjufell, or “Church Mountain”—one of the most photographed mountains in Iceland—known in GOT as the mountain shaped like an arrowhead. The Skogafoss waterfall in Iceland—pictured in Game of Thrones season seven when Jon Snow and his gang venture to find the army of the dead north of the wall—was used in the first episode of Season 8. The cruise program travels to ports to visit iconic landscapes, glaciers and beaches featured in GOT.
Spain & Portugal
- The Glories of Spain & Portugal aboard the 25 Cabin M/Y Harmony V- Sailing dates from June 8, 2019 – September 11, 2020
Spain’s landscapes have acted as the scenery for several GOT locales. For example, the Real Alcázar in Seville, Spain, was the real-life stand-in for the Royal Palace of Dorne seen in Seasons five and six.
Game of Thrones fans can also head down to Sin City for some themed entertainment. A live Game of Thrones show has debuted in Las Vegas.
For more information, visit https://www.varietycruises.com/