At least seven people were killed and dozens more injured in a terrorist attack Saturday night in London, the New York Times reports. Three men crashed a van into a crowd of pedestrians on London Bridge before jumping out and slashing people with knives.
According to CNN, police said that 11 people had been detained in a series of raids following the attack. British Prime Minister Theresa May said police had identified all three of the attackers.
The Evening Standard reports that crash barriers have since been installed on London Bridge as a response to the incident.
This weekend’s attack follows a similar incident in March in which a terrorist drove a 4x4 into a crowd of people walking on Westminster Bridge before crashing into the gates of the House of Commons. He then fatally stabbed a police officer before being shot by police.
In late May, a bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester become the deadliest terror attack on British soil since the 2005 London bombings when it killed 22.
Europe is currently under a travel alert from the U.S. State Department warning American citizens that terrorist continue to target tourist attractions, transit hubs, markets and shopping areas, and other “soft targets.” The alert is set to continue through the summer travel season, expiring September 1.