Las Vegas hotels and resorts are becoming more environmentally conscious as demand for green travel continues to grow. While guests are booking their hotels, they search for properties that use eco-friendly materials, energy saving light bulbs, and other environmentally-friendly services and products.
Here are Travel Agent's top five Vegas hotels that are committed to staying sustainable and earth-friendly without taking away from all the fun and games Sin City has to offer:
- The Palazzo Resort & Hotel - Certified by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), which means it meets all LEED prerequisites and receives 40 points on a 110-point LEED rating system. The hotel recycles all waste energy, greatly reducing its carbon footprint by operating as self-sustaining.
- Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas - The lamps in the hotel suites use compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. The rooms are equipped with green toxic-free furniture.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Las Vegas Airport - The property is certified by the Energy Star for Hospitality, which measures the hotel's environmental impact. Energy-saving devices used throughout the hotel also reduce its carbon footprint. DoubleTree provides complimentary shuttle service to the MGM Grand.
- Vdara Hotel & Spa - This property takes part in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. The program measures the property's impact on the environment. The all-suite hotel is both a non-gaming and smoke-free setting.
- Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas - This eco-friendly hotel is located in Henderson (Henderson - Green Valley), near the airport, Ethel M Chocolates Factory, Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens, and Wildhorse Golf Club. Local attractions also include Sunset Park and Galleria at Sunset. The property is certified with the Energy Star label from the US Environmental Protection Agency. Guests will need to travel by car or taxi to visit the casinos, since the hotel is not on the Strip.