From booking a stay at luxury hotels to playing blackjack at casinos, there are plenty of things to do when traveling to Las Vegas. But visitors should not have to throw the dice when picking a place to eat meals and drink booze. Those looking for the best dining experience, service and ambiance, wine list and bang for your buck, here are Travel Agent's top 5 restaurants:
1. N9NE Steakhouse - Located at the Palms Hotel and Casino, this 12,500 square feet restaurant has a champagne bar. Chef Barry Dakake's menu includes dishes like the Kobe Carpacio, the 16oz. bone-in filet mignon, and the Alaskan king crab. Patrons can also choose from appetizers such as N9NE Rock Shrimp with spicy Sriracha sauce and lemon aioli. The doors are open seven nights a week for dinner only.
2. Lotus of Siam - The James Beard Award-winning restaurant offers authentic Thai cuisine, including curries, noodles, larbs, pork blood chunk stew and more. The off-menu specials gives guests a chance to treat themselves to fresh coconut ice cream for dessert. Open Monday through Friday for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; buffet from 11:30 to 2 p.m.; and dinner Monday through Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
3. Alize - Located on the 56th floor of the Palms Casino Resort, this restaurant provides French cuisine. Prepared by Chef de Cuisine Mark Purdy, guests are served an amuse bouche while waiting for appetizers. Dinner options include soup de jour, main lobster and fennel bisque, calamari steak and more. Patrons can also choose wine from a wide selection, such as Chenin Blanc, Ballentine and Napa Valley, presented by Somelier Alain Visinoni.
4. Il Mulino New York - Serving up cuisine of Northern Italy, this restaurant is located at the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palce. The menu includes buffalo mozzarella Caprese salad; Blue Point oysters on the half shell; ravioli with porcini mushrooms in a white champagne sauce with truffles; veal milanese drizzled with a sauté of arugula with extra virgin olive oil and butter, and a host of other daily specials. Open for lunch Monday through Saturday from noon to 2 p.m.; dinner Monday through Wednesday (and Sunday) from 5-10:30 p.m., Thursday through Saturday until 11 p.m.
5. The Peppermill - Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, this North Strip coffee shop and cocktail lounge is a good location for breakfast, lunch, dinner, weddings and parties. Guests can order plates of 10-egg omelettes and hash browns, huge club sandwiches and fishbowl-sized sundaes. The Fireside Lounge offers cocktail drinks such as Mai Tais, Bahama Mamas and Planters Punches.
For complete prices and menus, click on the links above.