If your clients are expressing concern about the recent problems in London and throughout England, you can tell them that the U.S. Department of State has not issued any travel alerts or travel warnings for the city or the country.
The U.S. Embassy in London is advising visitors to England to remain safe, and is offering the following guidelines:
* Follow local media reports and be aware of what is going on around you
* If you find yourself near any civil unrest, leave
* If you see trouble move away from the scene
* Don’t engage with those causing disturbance
* Do not challenge, debate or make unwise comments. This will only increase your chance of becoming a victim of violence
* If you find yourself in trouble and it is an emergency call the police first, only then, if necessary, reach out to the Embassy;
To reach the American Citizen Services section of the U.S. Embassy in London, call 0207-499-9000 or email [email protected]. More information about the services we provide to American citizens is available at http://london.usembassy.gov.