United Airlines is the first and only airline to offer premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled transcontinental flight between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and San Francisco and between New York JFK and Los Angeles.
The airline has completed an extensive redesign of 15 Boeing 757-200s that fly these p.s. “Premium Service” routes.
The revamped p.s. aircraft offer 28 180-degree flat-bed United BusinessFirst seats, offering up to 6’4” of sleeping space and more room for storage; 42 extra-legroom United Economy Plus seats; and 72 United Economy seats.
Designed to give customers an experience comparable to long-haul, international flights, United’s refurbished p.s. aircraft also offer:
• Inflight Wi-Fi
• Personal, on-demand entertainment at every seat – with 15.4” monitors in United BusinessFirst and 9” monitors in United Economy – offering hundreds of movies and television shows, plus other entertainment options
• Power outlets and USB ports at every seat
• Two additional inches of legroom in United Economy Plus compared to Economy Plus legroom on pre-renovation p.s. service
• Multi-course meals in United BusinessFirst on most flights
• Wine selections recommended by Doug Frost, United’s Master Sommelier and Master of Wine, including half bottles of premium wines for purchase in United Economy
Customer Service Investments
United also offers:
• Premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled long-haul international flight from the continental United States
• Satellite-fed Wi-Fi on more than 130 aircraft so far, with nearly all of United’s mainline fleet outfitted with Wi-Fi by the end of 2014
• An all-new mobile application for the iOS 7 platform
• Live television on more than 200 aircraft
• Upgraded United Club lounges in Chicago O’Hare Terminal 2, Seattle and San Diego, with improved amenities, modern interiors, more power outlets and complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi