After a successful, record-breaking 2016, the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau has announced the newest attractions and accommodations to arrive in Cancun for 2017. Take a look at what’s new here.
- The Cancun International Airport has announced an integrated, 126-room property within its premises for 2017.
- Expected to open towards the end of 2017 is Hotel Ushuaia Cancun, formerly known as Hotel el Pueblito. The new, adults-only 600-room resorts project will be led by Grupo Palladium
- The Cancun Hotel Zone will welcome a new property from The Royalton chain within 2017.
- Award-winning theme park Xcaret Park will open Hotel Xcaret on its grounds at the end of 2017, with an opening date slated for December 2017. The 900-room, all-suite, luxury ocean-front resort is currently under construction and will be the first hotel to hold an EarthCheck certification for its planning and design.
- RIU Hotels & Resorts plans on opening a new 650-room property at Punta Nizuc in 2017.
- The sixth annual Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival will take place March 16-19, 2017.
- From December 22, 2016-January 3, 2017, Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort is hosting Cirque Eloize ID for a limited-time engagement.
- Temptation Resort & Spa Cancun is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation project. The property closed for renovations on September 25, 2016, and is scheduled to reopen again in August of 2017. Featuring revamped designs from Karim Rashid, the seven-story building will now feature 430 newly designed rooms and suites, as well as restaurants, bars and more.
- One of the first shopping malls developed in the Cancun Hotel Zone, Kukulcán Plaza, has plans to undergo a large renovation during 2017.
CEO of the Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau Lizzie Cole made a statement about Cancun’s plans for 2017, saying, “Closing out a successful year, we are very confident about 2017 and the continued growth of the destination. With the rise in flights from the U.S. and Canada, it will be easier than ever for tourists to visit Cancun and take advantage of the new hotels and top-notch activities and events that are scheduled for 2017.”
The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau has also said it expects that increased air connectivity, a strong U.S. dollar, and various new hotels and events will continue to ease travel for visitors from across the U.S. and Canada throughout 2017.
Visit www.cancun.travel for more.