Travelers heading to the Big Apple this New Year’s Eve will have a jam-packed lineup of events to choose from this this year. Parties, sporting events, shows, and more are going on all over the five boroughs during the holiday. Here’s what to do in New York City on New Year’s Eve.
- Watch the iconic ball drop at midnight in the heart of Times Square during the world-famous Times Square New Year’s Eve celebration. This year, many nearby venues are hosting New Year’s parties with a view of, or an escort to, the ball drop at midnight.
- Right in the heart of Times Square, the New York Marriott Marquis will host a five-course dinner, unlimited premium open bar and entertainment at The View Restaurant & Lounge, with 360-degree views revolving completely every hour overlooking Times Square.
- The Sanctuary Hotel New York’s Haven Rooftop will offer group packages for its heated and tented New Year’s Eve party. Guests will enjoy a DJ from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m., a prix -fixe dinner and top shelf open bar.
- Circle Line will offer their New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise sailing New York Harbor from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. A DJ and midnight champagne toast add a lively touch to the ride. Guests must be 18 or older to enter the party, and 21 or older to drink.
- Runners can participate in the four-mile NYRR Midnight Run in Central Park. After going through security via entrances at West 72nd Street and Central Park West or East 72nd Street and Fifth Avenue, registered runners will gather at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Kicking off at 10pm, the race will conclude by midnight with a fireworks display at its completion.
- Coney Island USA will host their 4th annual New Year’s Eve celebration in Steeplechase Plaza, with a fireworks display from the Parachute Jump. Select boardwalk restaurants and attractions will be open, including B&B Carousell, Deno’s Wonder Wheel and Thunderbolt roller coaster.
- The New Year’s Eve Fireworks Celebration at Prospect Park's Grand Army Plaza will celebrate its 38th year. Visitors can join Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams, the Prospect Park Alliance,and tens of thousands of guests for the public event.
- New Year’s Eve will bring the French electronic music DJ, producer, and recording artist David Guetta to Depot 52, a converted warehouse space in Sunset Park. The one night only dance music experience ‘Light & Life’ is for visitors 18 or older.
- Resorts World Casino invites guests 21 and older to celebrate at BAR360 with live performance by TKA K7, a New York City-born hip hop artist. Guests can also play its 4,200 slot machines and 1,300 electronic table games.
- The Z Hotel in Long Island City will offer a stay, plus admission to the “Dueling Pianos” rock and roll sing-along in Cellar Bar with open bar and buffet, for under $100 USD on New Year’s Eve.
- Thai Rock in Rockaway will serve up fine Thai dining, drinks, dancing, and live music from band Leaders of the Shift who will perform “Psychedelic Cosmic Rock N Roll” on New Year’s Eve.
- Beginning at 11am on New Year’s Eve day, the Bronx Beer Hall will host “Brunch Brunch Brunch” in the heart of the Arthur Avenue market.
- Also on Arthur Avenue, Zero Otto Nove offers a New Year’s Eve dinner in the “Little Italy” of the Bronx. The restaurant will not remain open until midnight.
- The Hilton Garden Inn New York/Staten Island unveiled a New Year’s Eve package that offers a two-person overnight stay, entry to the New Year’s Eve Gala at Nicotra’s Ballroom, and a buffet breakfast for two.
- EVE Ultra Lounge will host an authentic Albanian American fusion music event to ring in 2018, with live performances from Shpat Kasapi, Sabian, Marseli and Shkendije Mujaj. A live DJ will be playing popular English and Albanian songs throughout the night as well.
For more on these events, visit www.nycandcompany.org.