Ten properties have been added to AAA’s Five Diamond Award list. The newcomers join an exclusive group that accounts for only 0.4 percent, just 121 hotels, of the over 27,000 locations AAA has inspected.
The ten new hotels AAA added this past year are:
- Baccarat Hotel New York (New York, New York)
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba (Playa del Carmen, Mexico)
- Fairmont Pacific Rim (Vancouver, Canada)
- Hotel Emma (San Antonio, Texas)
- Montage Los Cabos (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico)
- NIZUC Resort & Spa (Cancun, Mexico)
- Rosewood San Miguel de Allende (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico)
- The Dominick Hotel (New York, New York)
- The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston (Houston, Texas)
- The St. Regis Mexico City (Mexico City, Mexico)
Of these 10 honorees, many had received high marks from AAA in the past, but only reached Five Diamond status for the first time this year following notable service enhancements. Five of the hotels fell into this category: Hotel Emma, Banyan Tree Mayakoba, NIZUC Resort & Spa, Rosewood San Miguel de Allende and The St. Regis Mexico City. Another three received the AAA Five Diamond Rating shortly after opening within the past 12 months, including Baccarat Hotel, The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston and Montage Los Cabos.
According to Michael Petrone, the director of AAA Inspections & Diamond Ratings, the group awards the distinction to properties with “extraordinary physical qualities, extensive amenities and impeccable standards of excellence in delivering a highly personalized experience.” The group’s evaluation includes in-person inspections, anonymous overnight stays and a review by a penal of experts.
Reflecting the growing trend of using technology to enhance service, AAA recently updated its guidelines to reflect the importance of connective technologies. This adjustment takes into account in-room tablets, mobile apps, interactive kiosks, mobile key technology and digital messaging services.