Marigot Bay Resort and Marina has introduced a beach "passport" program centered around taking guests to five of Saint Lucia’s top beaches. The resort has formed special relationships with the beaches so that guests have special access and transportation; however four of the five do come at additional costs.
All less than an hour away, guests can access the destinations by a quick boat ride from the resort marina. These beaches include:
- Las Bas Beach (complimentary) – Just across the bay, guests can take a complimentary ferry to reach Las Bas Beach. Visitors can relax in a sun lounger, arrange for watersports or visit one of the several nearby restaurants and bars.
- Anse Cochon ($60) – A 20-minute boat ride away, Anse Cochon ranks as one of the island’s more popular snorkeling locations.
- Anse Mamin ($80) – Forty-five minutes south of Margiot Bay, Anse Mamin is a secluded, upscale destination known for its snorkeling and scuba diving. While here, visitors can explore the ruins of the old sugar mill and estate life, just minutes away.
- Pigeon Island ($80) –Just less than an hour from Marigot Bay, Pigeon Island houses one of Saint Lucia’s most historic national parks. Within its gates, guests can choose from one of two coves or visit a former military fort that now houses two restaurants. Outside, guests can head to the public beach and stop in at a local bar or café.
- Twin Beach ($60) – Fifteen minutes south of the resort, these two matching coves are only accessible by boat. For an additional cost, the resort can arrange for its culinary team to cater barbecues or other occasions.