As the holidays roll in, several Ritz-Carlton locations have announced special events, accommodations, and experiences for guests, from family-friendly excursions to holiday-themed parties with festive cocktails and cuisine.
Rooftop Dining at The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
This December, the Ritz-Carlton is hosting holiday dining experiences at its 24th-floor restaurants, Nest at WP24 and WP24 by Wolfgang Puck, overlooking downtown Los Angeles. At the events, the Ritz-Carlton will offer seasonal menu items, specialty cocktails, and festive activities.
The holiday events are:
- “Christmas Eve with Crafted Cocktails and Asian Cuisine”, 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.: Nest at WP24 is hosting an evening of fine dining on Christmas Eve. Chef de CuisineJohn Lechleidner will serve a dim sum menu followed by Asian-inspired dishes for the table, including wok-fried shrimp and spicy beef stir fry. To finish, an assortment of small sweet bites will be served. Specialty cocktails will be served as well, the first being “Love Lust Lace” - a citrus champagne cocktail featuring Grand Marnier, Angostura and lemon bitters, and brown sugar. The the second drink, “Brown Sugar,” features Courvoisier V.S. Cognac, Busnel V.S.O.P. Calvados, Cointreau Orange Liqueur, Demerara, and lemon.
- “A Champagne Toast & Caviar Taste,” New Years’ Eve from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.: Nest at WP24 will serve guests a full caviar tasting menu including salmon, whitefish, and Kaluga. Matcha green tea, coconut cream and kaffir lime add an Asian twist to the menu. Taittinger Brut Champagne will top off the night while additional Champagne supplements are available upon request and include Veuve Clicquot, Perrier Jouet, and Dom Perignon.
- Traditional Dining for New Year's Eve: For a more traditional experience, guests can dine at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck. Guest can choose from a three-course menu featuring Hamachi sashimi, prime beef short ribs, and a miso apple crumble or a seven-course menu comprised of lobster wonton soup, day boat scallops, roasted peking duck, and a yuzu tart to finish.
Additionally, this December, The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles will launch WP24 by Wolfgang Puck's “Cozy Cabanas” for a festive rooftop dining experience on the 26th floor, complete with holiday décor, films, and crafts.
Each private poolside cabana will be transformed into a winter den with a Christmas tree, plush throws, and sequin pillows. A dedicated butler will provide guests with seasonal punch and modern fusion bites like caviar toast and Szechuan beef tartare, plus a dessert basket with holiday sweets.
Guests can also choose from a selection of holiday-themed movies to screen within the cabanas, and add on holiday do-it-yourself activities, including cookie decorating and a customizable hot chocolate station.
Visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/california/los-angeles for more.
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
Beginning December 2, this Tucson-area resort is offering “the ultimate gingerbread experience” with a life-size dine-in gingerbread house. The handcrafted house is made with 400 pounds of honey, 856 pounds of sugar, 350 pounds of flour, 100 pounds of ginger powder, 50 pounds of cinnamon, 250 eggs and 10 pounds of nutmeg.
Located on the resort lobby level, the gingerbread house will have table seating for six, custom interior design, and a surrounding garden. Once opened, it will be available for public viewing and may be rented for private lunches and dinners. Regular menu selections can be ordered for private meal experiences, including full three- or four-course restaurant offerings.
For more, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/arizona/dove-mountain.
The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia
At the Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia, guests can take part in a series of holiday-themed events like:
Gingerbread Workshop: At this annual event, children and adults work together to create their own gingerbread houses to take home. The event gets a visit from Santa Claus and includes a custom apron and hat per child, light fare, non-alcoholic beverages and sparkling wine. The workshop takes place on December 2, 9, 16, and 23.
- Neiman Marcus Pop Up Shop: Neiman Marcus will host a week-long boutique of men and women’s designer accessories from Gucci, Tom Ford, Celine, and Loro Piana; home collections including Jonathan Adler, Gray Malin, Michael Aram and Jay Strongwater; plus, fragrance and beauty gift sets from Creed, Atelier, Tom Ford, Chanel and Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The pop up shop will be open December 11-17.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration: Celebrate the holiday with three or six-course meals, live entertainment by a live DJ and strolling electric violinist. The event includes a celebratory champagne toast with midnight balloon drop.
- Holiday Tea: The exclusive Ritz-Carlton Holiday Tea will return for two dates on December 10 and December 16. Guests can enjoy a selection of tea and sparkling wine, an assortment of sandwiches, freshly baked scones, and handmade pastries from the Ritz-Carlton’s chefs.
Reservations for these holiday events are required, excluding the pop up shop. For more information, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/philadelphia.
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
In December, the resort in Central Park is offering a “Fairytale in New York City” package alongside Saks Fifth Avenue with family-friendly events and excursions. The package includes a dining experience at Saks Holiday Breakfast: A Royal Celebration of Disney’s Snow White, a themed breakfast that’s ideal for kids, as Snow White, Prince Charming, and Dopey make appearances.
The package also includes a minimum two-night stay in the Deluxe Park View Suite, horse carriage ride in Central Park, a special holiday welcome amenity from Disney and Saks Fifth Avenue.
For more, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/new-york/central-park.