Time Inc.’s Food & Wine and JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts will be hosting the inaugural Venice Food & Wine Festival from May 3-6, 2018, at the JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa, located on the private island of Isola delle Rose. A short boat ride from Venice’s St. Mark’s Square, the event will include experiences showcasing Italian cuisine, wine, and spirits, with a focus on local Veneto tradition and the allure of the Venetian islands.
For the festival, Venice Food & Wine will bring together well-known faces of Italian cuisine and established connoisseurs, and host cooking demos, tasting experiences, and culinary-focused events. JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa’s on-property Sapori Cooking Academy will also have enriching experiences throughout the three-day festival, led by notable culinary personalities like Food & Wine’s Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle and wine expert Anthony Giglio, among others.
Guests will also experience personal access to internationally-celebrated chefs, wine and spirits experts including:
- Michelin-starred chef Giancarlo Perbellini and chef Federico Belluco of JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa’s Michelin-starred Dopolavoro restaurant
- James Beard Award-winning celebrity chef, author, restaurateur and 2004 Food & Wine Best New Chef Scott Conant
- 2002 Food & Wine Best New Chef and James Beard Award-winning chef and restaurateur Fabio Trabocchi
- James Beard Award-winning chefs Jonathan Waxman and Melissa Kelly
- Co-owner and beverage director of Spirited Award-winning 2017 Best American Cocktail Bar Columbia Room and 2016 Food & Wine Best New Mixologist JP Fetherston
- Wine expert Anthony Giglio
- Food & Wine's Executive Wine Editor Ray Isle
More interactive programming will be announced closer to the festival date. For more information, visit www.jwvenicefoodandwine.com.