by David Millward and Us Correspondent, The Telegraph, October 24, 2017
The hotel room used by mass killer Stephen Paddock who murdered 58 people in Las Vegas earlier this month will not be rented out again.
Paddock sprayed shots on a crowd attending a concert from a corner suite on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
MGM Resorts International announced its decision in a statement to a local paper, the Las Vegas Sun.
"This was a terrible tragedy perpetrated by an evil man. We have no intention of renting that room," the company said.
The company has also been ordered by a court to preserve evidence and surveillance footage of the incident.
There was no indication of how the room will be used in future.
MGM, which also owns the land used by the crowds attending the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival, has not said what will happen to the area.
The Bataclan nightclub in Paris where 90 people were killed in a terrorist attack in November 2015 has reopened.
However, the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida where 49 people died on June 12 last year, has become a permanent memorial to the victims.
This article was written by David Millward and Us Correspondent from The Telegraph and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to [email protected].