Meliá Hotels International has announced its expansion strategy for 2017, with at least 23 new hotel openings planned.
Meliá said it is aiming to strengthen its presence in major cities and popular urban travel destinations with hotels focused on bleisure travel.
- Innside Hamburg Hogerdamm (Germany)
- Meliá Palma Bay (Mallorca, Spain)
- ME Sitges (Barcelona, Spain)
- Tryp Santa Ponça (Mallorca, Spain)
- Tryp Caparica (Portugal)
Latin America and the Caribbean
Meliá said to expect a focus on Mexico, as well as openings in "bleisure" destinations in Brazil and other countries. Openings in 2017 include:
- Gran Meliá Nacional Rio de Janeiro, (Brazil) about to be officially inaugurated and to revolutionize the luxury hotel industry in Brazil under the Gran Meliá brand.
- Paradisus Los Cabos in Mexico, after the transformation and re-branding of the former Meliá Cabo Real, will open in 2017 as an all-inclusive luxury product.
- Meliá Cartagena de Indias (Colombia), located on the Caribbean coast, ten minutes from the historical centre of this World Heritage city and a golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus.
- ME Caracas (Venezuela)
- Meliá Costa Hollywood (USA)
- Innside Bogotá (Colombia)
in this region, Meliá said it is positioning itself in the bleisure segment with its Meliá Hotels and Innside by Meliá brands and the luxury Gran Meliá and ME by Meliá brands:
- Innside Doha (Qatar)
- Gran Meliá Huravee (Maldives)
- ME Dubai (UAE) posthumous work by the architect Zaha Hadid, in a building operated under the luxury lifestyle ME by Meliá brand which will open in Q1 2018.
In Africa, the company is focusing on leading safe destinations in the resort segment, such as northern Morocco, Cape Verde and Tanzania, which will all see openings in 2017:
- Meliá Serengeti Lodge (Tanzania)
- Meliá Saidia Garden All inclusive (Morocco)
- Meliá Saidia Beach All Inclusive Golf Resort (Morocco)
Meliá said it plans to continue the growth and consolidation of brands such as Gran Meliá, Meliá or Sol Hotels as priorities:
- Meliá Shanghai Hongqiao (China)
- Meliá Pekanbaru (Indonesia)
- Innside Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
- Innside Zengzhou (China)
- Sol House Bali Legian (Indonesia)
- Meliá Bandung (Indonesia)
Meliá also announced the signing of two new Innside by Meliá hotels to open in 2019 in two major European capital cities. The Innside Paris-Charles de Gaulle will be a four-star hotel with 267 rooms in terminal 3 at the main Paris airport, offering fitness, conference and meeting facilities, and enhancing the hotel supply in the business district of Roissypole. The other hotel announced is the Innside Amsterdam, the company’s first hotel in the Netherlands, which will provide 328 rooms with magnificent views and an exceptional location and access to the city, the airport and central train station, in the largest financial district in the country and only 10 minutes from the historical city centre. All of this combined with the new Innside attributes such as creative meeting space and the e-gym on the 18th floor.