Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts has made its debut in Kenya with the official opening of Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi. Located in the Westlands, close to the city center, diplomatic districts and about 12 miles from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, the property brings 276 rooms and residences as well as new dining, leisure and events concepts to the Kenyan capital.
All accommodation options at Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Nairobi include African-inspired décor. The one- and two-bedroom residences, which are aimed at families or longer stay guests, range in size from about 1,000 square feet to 1,300 square feet and have a separate living room and fully-equipped kitchen.
The property has five distinct dining experiences:
- The Latino-themed La Mesa bar and lounge on the 15th and 16th floor serving tapas and screening live sporting events
- The Baluba all-day dining venue showcasing themed buffets and local produce
- Signature revolving restaurant The View – where guests can take in 360-degree panoramas of Nairobi City and sample traditional Swiss specialities
- Kijani bar, next to the outdoor pool, offering inventive cocktails and light snacks
- The lobby café, presenting Mövenpick’s signature coffees, international teas, and handcrafted cakes.
For events, from business meetings, conferences and exhibitions, to product launches, banquets, weddings and other social functions, the hotel offers 14 venues with natural daylight and high ceilings. Facilities include the 7,600-square-foot Almasi ballroom with an in-built stage and the pillar-less Hall of Africa with space to host up to 1,100 guests in theater style. The outdoor pool area is an ideal venue for gala dinners, themed nights, product launches, parties and more.
For more information, visit www.movenpick.com.