FRHI, the parent company of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts, has announced several appointments to its senior leadership team. The management changes, which include executive appointments and newly created roles in the areas of operations, sales and marketing and human resources, are also aligned with the company’s move to a new divisional structure.
"We’ve added a very experienced and dynamic group of industry professionals to our senior leadership team; individuals who will help us achieve our long term strategic objectives of growing our distinctive hotel brands, maximizing performance, and building long term value for our owners," said Michael Glennie, president and COO, FRHI. "Our new regional framework combined with our corporate resources center provides us with a superior and streamlined operating platform that will help drive better results, while continuing to meet the needs of our guests. This new business model also provides us with a solution that is scalable as we execute on our planned development pipeline and sign new hotel management agreements around the world."
Newly created positions in the company's corporate center include:
- Jeff Senior has been promoted to EVP and CMO. In this newly created role, Senior will be responsible for all FRHI sales and marketing activity including global sales, corporate branding, digital marketing, public relations, marketing partnerships, loyalty marketing, revenue management and analytics. Senior, along with his sales and marketing teams, will also provide guidance, support and direction to the company’s regional marketing divisions. Most recently, Senior was FRHI’s EVP, marketing and sales.
- Michelle Crosby joined the company earlier this year and has been named EVP and chief human resources officer. In this role, Crosby directs and has full responsibility for FRHI’s human resources function globally. This includes corporate staffing, compensation, benefits, internal communications, talent management and learning.
The following appointments are effective immediately:
- Jennifer Fox has been promoted to president, International, while also maintaining her position as president of the Fairmont brand. In her new role, Fox will relocate to Zurich and lead hotel operations for FRHI’s international division, which includes the sub regions of Europe, Middle East, Africa & India and Asia Pacific. The company is projecting 50-percent growth over the next five years, much of it internationally. Fox will also oversee the company’s hotel openings and integration team.
- Kevin Frid has been promoted to president, Americas. In this newly created role, Frid will be based in Toronto and will oversee hotel operations for FRHI in the Americas, the company’s single largest region with more than 45 hotels under management. Prior to his appointment, Frid served as the company’s EVP, operations, Americas and Europe.
FRHI will continue to employ dedicated brand-management teams to focus on brand strategy, positioning and standards.
- Peter French continues in his role as president of the Raffles brand. In addition to his positioning and strategy functions, French will also retain operations responsibility for Raffles’ luxury portfolio of hotels and resorts.
- Meinhard Huck continues in his role as president of the Swissôtel brand. Huck will continue to guide and provide ongoing direction to the Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts collection.