Malibu Popoyo, an all-inclusive boutique surf resort, has announced that it will open its doors on December 1. It is located along Nicaragua’s Costa Esmeralda.
Opening with six guestrooms that combine natural, raw materials and culturally significant elements to create a minimalistic boutique hotel experience, Malibu Popoyo will undergo an immediate expansion to add an additional six guestrooms; a new beachfront area featuring a yoga palapa doubling as an entertainment area for live music; an upgraded spa experience; a beachfront bar; bonfire pits and much more. The expansion is set for completion in spring 2019, just before peak surf season.
Malibu Popoyo has 10 currently untapped surf breaks within 30 minutes of the resort, offering waves that range from longboard peelers and beach breaks to fast and hollow reef breaks. The hotel’s name itself pays homage to Chang Sheppard’s home breaks in Malibu, California, the “birthplace of surf” in the United States, while showcasing the hotel’s Nicaraguan roots.
Organic linens and locally sourced amenities are featured in all rooms and suites, and three of the six guestrooms offer a loft area with an additional queen bed, high ceilings and sliding windows.
Each all-inclusive stay includes:
- Resort accommodations in one of the property’s distinct guestrooms
- Three meals daily per person, excluding alcohol, the on-site restaurant, Sunset Cantina & Beach Bar, known for its all-organic, Nicaraguan menu inspired by ingredients from neighboring farms. Highlights include the cantina fish tacos and ceviche featuring fresh fish delivered within hours of being harvested from the local waters.
- Unlimited access to unobstructed world-class surfing and one two-hour lesson or guide per booking
- One guided morning or afternoon yoga and mediation session set to the backdrop of the surrounding Nicaraguan gardens and neighboring ocean waves
- Access to the property’s secluded lounge area, offering a 16-meter pool, and poolside beverage service with locally inspired craft cocktails and fresh juices using fruit from neighboring farms
Beyond surf and yoga, Malibu Popoyo offers access to other outdoor excursions that encourage guests to explore their surroundings. Options include hiking, kiting, fishing, horseback riding, locally led tours, cultural experiences and Spanish lessons to encourage immersion, and much more. Guests can also experience on-site spa services including rejuvenating massage, reflexology and facials; grab-and-go amenities including beach supplies and sunscreen along with artisan bowls and baskets packed with snacks. These activities and amenities are not included in the all-inclusive experience and are available at an added cost.
Opening rates for double occupancy will start at $180/night.
For more information, visit http://malibupopoyo.com/