Six Senses Zil Pasyon, located on the private island of Félicité in Seychelles, is set to complete and open its luxury spa in winter 2017. Created by the Six Senses Architecture and Design team and Richard Hywel Evans of Studio RHE in London, the spa is designed to complement the rocks, jungle, and oceanfront of the 652-acre private island.
Six Senses Spa Zil Pasyon covers 19,000 square feet of the island’s terrain, while the facility occupies 7,000 square feet. The spa, with its integration of sustainable processes and technologies, is designed to become an integral part of the island’s eco-system and a symbiotic experience with the surrounding environment.
Located on a hill providing panoramic views, the spa will have five double treatment villas made of refined timber, designed to reflect the island’s colors, textures and moods. It will also house a Six Senses retail store with natural skincare lines, resort wear, swimsuits, jewelry, and accessories; as well as a nail bar with manicure and pedicure stations.
The villas are:
- The Rock Villa: fully glassed, constructed between large granite boulders, and entered via an expansive platform. It has a rock shower on the cliffs edge to allow guests fully appreciate its location.
- The Hanging Villa: built on a large rock and is cantilevered to create a suspended feeling in the room. Its outdoor deck and a rock pool provide post-treatment renewal and relaxation.
- The Ocean Villa: approached through a descending walkway, is located right above the water offering 180-degree views of the ocean. Guests wishing to get even closer to the sea can relax in the suspended net outside the room.
- The Nature Villa: surrounded by the local lush vegetation; employs the Six Senses philosophy of bringing guests closer to nature.
- The Cave Villa: encircled by high boulders, and comes complete with a swinging daybed to relax and rejuvenate the mind.
Lightweight timber steps and rope bridges will link the different spa villas while fabric shading-sails create additional areas for rest and relaxation. An elevated open-air saltwater pool with sundeck, a yoga and meditation pavilion, and viewing deck are all available for use.
Guests will also have the option of curated tour events through the island’s rocky outcrop, pools, and waterfalls.
Six Senses Spa will also host the group’s popular Six Senses Yogic Program, which includes Discover Yoga, Yogic Detox, and Yogic Sleep. Among the plethora of treatments, Six Senses Integrated Wellness allows the in-house wellness expert to measure and analyze key physiological biomarkers and provide guests with lifestyle and nutritional advice, and can design a personalized program of spa treatments, fitness, and wellness activities.
Additionally, The Organic Pharmacy and Terres d’Afrique have been confirmed as product partners.
A nearby fitness center with ocean views, traditional cardio and weight machines, and new training equipment give guests the opportunity to experience different fitness methods, classes, and programs.