The Harbor Club, located on Rodney Bay in Saint Lucia, has made significant updates to reposition itself as a lifestyle destination under the direction of the newly appointed general manager, Lester Scott. As of November 1, the hotel began rolling out all-new concepts in three of its dining spaces, a daily entertainment lineup and new signature excursions only available at The Harbor Club.
The Harbor Club is now home to the newly opened 14North, a luxe restaurant on the top floor of the hotel with views over Rodney Bay and Pigeon Island. In this new restaurant concept, Chef Fritz has created a Caribbean-Asian fusion menu with such dishes as conch ceviche, Asian chili lobster, Korean spiced lamb chops and miso chili sea bass.
The Sushi Bar has been moved adjacent to 14North from its harbor deck location; the restaurant has an indoor and outdoor dining space with access to the Sky Lounge, the hotel’s chic roof deck.
Julia’s, the hotel’s main dining area, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, has become a Caribbean-style farm-to-table eatery. Menu items will include conch fritters with sriracha mayonnaise; spicy Julia’s fried chicken and coleslaw; grilled mahi mahi with green papaya slaw; curried shrimp with sweet potato, pineapple and coconut; grilled Caribbean lobster topped with a rum and jerk sauce; braised oxtail and more.
Weekly entertainment options have been added, with new nightly options including:
- Monday: Burgers and Beer at Harbor Bar
- Tuesday: Ladies Night at Sky Lounge with discounted drinks and appetizers
- Wednesday: Dance Night on the Pool Deck featuring local dance troops
- Thursday: Live Entertainment on the Pool Deck featuring the house band
- Friday: Ladies Night at Sky Lounge with discounted drinks and appetizers
- Saturday: Pool & Grill on the pool deck with house DJ; Dinner & DJ at 14North
- Sunday: Sunday Brunch at 14North with live band performances; Sunday Soul with jerk chicken and discounted drinks on the pool deck
Owning the Water
The Harbor Club’s first step in “owning the water” is the launch of its signature Harbor Club Sunset Cruise, which offers guests a three-hour open bar and passed hors d’oeuvres as it sails down the island to sunset views. This experience is offered Thursday to Saturday from 4 to 7 p.m. and is available at a discount for hotel guests.
Those looking to enjoy the beach can catch the resort’s water taxi to shuttle guests to and from the nearby beach on Pigeon Island.
The Harbor Club, which was built in 2017 and renovated in 2018, is part of the Curio Collection by Hilton and has 115 rooms and suites. Visit www.theharborclub.com.