Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide has announced an expanded partnership with Design Hotels that will position it to consumers as an 11th Starwood brand.
Select Design Hotels members are now bookable through Starwood's websites, mobile apps and customer service centers. Additionally, guests who book directly through Starwood channels will now receive select SPG loyalty benefits and earn Starpoints during their stays at participating Design Hotels members. Travel agents will need to book directly through the SPG App, spg.com or Starwood's customer contact centers to receive SPG Pro benefits, a Starwood spokesperson confirmed to Travel Agent.
The first SPG partner hotels include the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York City, Ten Bompas in Johannesburg, South Africa, the C-Hotel in Lake Como, Italy, Nira Montana in La Thuile, Italy, Nira Alpina in St. Moritz, Switzerland, and Kruisherenhotel Maastricht in the Netherlands. In addition, the ION Luxury Adventure Hotel in Iceland, the Tribe Hotel in Kenya as well as Grupo Habita’s hotels in Mexico will join prior to the end of the year. In early 2016, more Design Hotels properties will join in destinations including London (Town Hall Hotel), Istanbul (Gezi Istanbul), Shanghai (The Waterhouse at South Bund), Athens (New Hotel), Singapore (Wanderlust), France (Les Bains), and South Korea (nest hotel), with more expected to sign up over the next 12 months.
SPG members who book stays at participating member hotels of Design Hotels through Starwood channels will receive the following benefits:
- Two Starpoints per eligible U.S. dollar spent (three Starpoints for Gold Preferred and Platinum Preferred members)
- Night and stay credit toward elite status
- On-property benefits of high-speed Internet access and bottled water in-room
- Gold Preferred and Platinum Preferred members will automatically receive a Starpoints bonus as their Welcome Gift
- Free night redemption is planned to be available as of March 2016