A new Temptation resort in Punta Cana and the completion of renovations at the Temptation Cancun Resort were among the major announcements made by Original Group at the 43rd edition of Tianguis Turistico in Mazatlan, Mexico, which took place from April 15 – 18. The Mexico travel tradeshow welcomed thousands of tourism industry professionals and specialized media from over 80 countries around the world, to encourage the promotion and marketing of the country’s tourism products and services.
In a written statement, Original Group CEO Rodrigo de la Peña said that, at the event, the company announced a number of significant enhancements, including expansion plans into other countries, renovations to the company’s existing properties and the launch of new cruise products.
During the tradeshow, Original Group Brand Manager and Spokesperson Mario Cruz presented the latest updates on the Desire and Temptation brands. Highlights of the announcements included:
- The first ever Temptation Caribbean Cruise, set to sail in February of 2020 from Tampa, FL, with port calls in Cancun and the Cayman Islands.
- Temptation’s expansion to Punta Cana, where the 496-room resort is scheduled to open in late 2019.
- The completion of the multi-million-dollar renovation of Temptation Cancun Resort, which re-opened in August of 2017 and had occupancy rates of up to 66 percent since then.
- In addition to the existing Desire Barcelona – Rome Cruise (Sailing in April 2018) and the Desire Monte Carlo Cruise (sailing in September of 2019), Original Group is launching Desire Greek Islands Cruise, September 2020.
- Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort was recently awarded the EarthCheck Silver Certification for its sustainable practices.