People are going to travel this summer in spite of the recession, but they're working harder to get more bang for their buck. With the June 2009 Hotel Rate Report from Hotwire.com, travelers can pick destinations that will maximize their travel dollars.
The report details the top 10 cities in North America with the largest reductions in hotel price compared to the same time last year.
For the second consecutive month, Vancouver and New York top the list with the largest reductions in hotel prices, with Los Angeles breaking into the top 10 for the first time.
When compared to the same time last year, the top 10 hotel price reductions for June 2009 are:
1. Vancouver (38 percent price drop)
2. New York City (32 percent price drop)
3. San Diego (29 percent price drop)
4. Tampa (26 percent price drop)
5. Montreal (23 percent price drop)
6. Las Vegas (23 percent price drop)
7. Toronto (23 percent price drop)
8. Oahu (22 percent price drop)
9. Orlando (22 percent price drop)
10. Los Angeles (21 percent price drop)
Combined with Hotwire's discounted prices, travelers can enjoy stays in three-star hotels in Vancouver for $70, Oahu for $74 or in Tampa for $71, per night. Four-star hotel stays can be found as low as $76 per night in Las Vegas or $69 per night in Orlando.