|Participating InterContinental properties throughout Europe are offering specal event-planning services. // (c) 2011 InterContinental Hotels & Resorts|
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts recently launched InterContinental Meetings, a new meetings program offered in more than 20 hotels across the UK and Continental Europe that are custom-designed for meeting planners and business travelers. Each participating InterContinental property now provides access to new features, including the Insider Collection and supplemental tools, aiding in the ease with which events proceed. The service promises a two-hour response time to booking inquiries, an E-proposal 24 hours after an inquiry is placed and a dedicated service manager on-site to ensure all meetings run smoothly. Also available are online interactive floor plans and e-brochures designed to make event-planning stress-free.
InterContinental’s Insider Collection provides meeting attendees the opportunity to attend to business commitments and still experience all that their chosen hotel and surrounding destination have to offer. Several of the Insider Collection features include:
1. Insider Breaks – InterContinental can recommend authentic local activities that can be incorporated into meeting agendas, such as making macaroons and Mille feuille, traditional French pastries, with the chefs at InterContinental Paris Le Grand.
2. Insider Locations – InterContinental can organize meetings located off-site at iconic cultural landmarks, allowing delegates to experience a side of the city that they would rarely see. For instance, guests of InterContinental Malta can take in the grandiosity of the Teatru Manoel, reputed to be Europe’s third oldest theater.
3. Insider Interactions – InterContinental offers unique team-building activities that showcase the character, heritage and geography of each destination, such as a visit to Germany’s Hoechster Porcelain Manufactory, a 260-year-old company in Frankfurt where attendees can learn about the production of porcelain, as well as diverse molding techniques.
4. Insider Speakers – InterContinental provides access to well-known local speakers, such as Mr. Nihad Akyol at Ceylan InterContinental Istanbul who offers a wealth of expert advice on how to conduct business with Turkish companies, as well as speaking on art as an investment tool.
5. Insider Community – InterContinental gives delegates the opportunity to support the local community. In Vienna, guests can give back to the community by volunteering to cook with the InterContinental chefs for “Cooking in the Tomb,” a local campaign that helps to feed the homeless.