|Photo by Chad Baker/Thomas Northcut/DigitalVision/Getty Images|
Carnival Cruise Line is honoring 15 top travel agencies in the U.S. and Canada with its third annual “Excellence Awards.” This year’s awards feature new segment-specific categories based on each agency’s specialization.
Additionally, the new “Ted Arison Founder’s Award,” named for Carnival Cruise Line’s late founder, Ted Arison, will honor a travel partner who has “consistently demonstrated tremendous partnership, loyalty, and support for the Carnival brand and upholds Ted Arison’s vision that everyone deserves a great cruise vacation.”
Agencies were selected by Carnival’s sales team based on various criteria, including sales effectiveness, innovative marketing techniques, brand advocacy, and demonstrated leadership in their category.
A Carnival sales leadership panel led by Adolfo Perez, vice president of sales and trade marketing, evaluated numerous submissions, and selected the 15 Excellence Awards recipients based on the nominees’ strengths in each category.
Carnival’s 2016 Excellence Award recipients include:
- Ted Arison Founder’s Award: World Travel Holdings
- Outstanding Charter Partner: Whet Travel
- Outstanding Incentive Sales Partner: Morris Meetings & Incentives
- Outstanding Home Based Network: Cruise Planners
- Outstanding Online Agency: Crown Cruise Vacations
- Outstanding Affinity Group Agency: SinglesCruise.com
- Outstanding Canadian Partner: TravelBrands
- Outstanding Marketing Excellence: Travel Planners International
- Outstanding Industry Innovation: International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)
- Carnival’s Rising Star Agency: Ucruising Vacations
- Outstanding Cruise Rookie Partner: Expedia Inc. & Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Brand Essence Outstanding Partner: GalaxSea Cruises
- Outstanding Retail Travel Agency: Cruise Corner
- Outstanding Travel Partner – Eastern Region: Cruises & Tours Unlimited
- Outstanding Travel Partner – Western Region: Uniglobe Travel Center
This year’s honorees and their guests will attend an “Excellence Awards” celebration in Miami Beach from Sept. 20-22, with complimentary airfare and hotel accommodations. Various events will be hosted by Carnival’s leadership team including a welcome party and gala awards reception.