Car rental companies, travel agencies and more lead this week’s news in executive appointments in the travel industry.
This week Enterprise Holdings, Inc., the parent company of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car, announced the promotion of Chrissy Taylor from president and COO to president and CEO, effective January 1. Pam Nicholson, who has served as CEO since 2013, will retire at the end of the year.
In agency news, Travel Edge named Sinead O’Connell its director of supplier relations – cruise, making her responsible for partnering with luxury cruise suppliers. O’Connell joins from Travel Leaders Network, where she collaborated with luxury industry partners to oversee business plans, annual contracts, marketing campaigns, event participation, agent/sales team incentives and sales plans.
In other cruise news, SeaDream Yacht Club named Bob Prieto its new vice president of inside sales. Prieto brings over 25 years of cruise industry experience to SeaDream, the cruise line said, having held key sales and operation positions at Oceania Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line.
In hotel news, Dream Hotel Group promoted Randy Taormina to vice president of operations, effective immediately. In this role, Taormina will be responsible for successfully leading the operations and lifecycles of two flagship Dream Hotel Group properties – Dream Downtown in New York, NY, and Dream Nashville in Tennessee, which opened earlier this year. Most recently, Taormina served as area managing director, Dream Hotels in New York City.
Also this week, Outrigger Hospitality Group made four new corporate and management appointments. Mike Palazzotto was named corporate director of safety and security; Matthew Mariconda was promoted to controller for the Outrigger-managed OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger and Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk; Marcus Ito was named director of sales and marketing for the new Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger; and Taro Sawabe was named assistant director – market development with a focus on Asia and Japan.
Individual properties also made new leadership appointments this week:
- Emeline, a new brand concept opening in spring 2020 in Charleston, named Brad Harvey its general manager and Shannon Hartman its director of sales and marketing.
- Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel appointed a new managing director – Vincent Billiard – to take over in the New Year.
Also this week, the United States Tour Operators Association announced its 2020 executive committee and board of directors. Charlie Ball, executive vice president of Holland America Group, will serve as the executive committee’s chairman, with Scott Wiseman, president of Travel Impressions, as vice chair; Elizabeth Crabill, CEO of CIE Tours International, as treasurer; Madhvi Buch, senior vice president of The Travel Corporation USA, as secretary; and Dana Santucci, vice president of EF Educational Tours, as immediate past chair. Additionally, the 2020 board of directors includes:
- Bob Drumm, president, Alexander + Roberts
- Carol Dimopoulos, president, Perillo’s Learning Journeys*
- Dan Mahar, CEO, Tauck
- Emma Cottis, general manager – corporate affairs, Goway*
- Jeff Roy, executive vice president, Collette*
- John Hanratty, chief marketing officer, Avanti Destinations
- Kirk Demeter, president and owner, Down Under Answers
- Nish Patel, president, Mayflower Cruises & Tours
- Ray Hourani, director of travel air operators, Club Adventures by AAA Exclusive Vacations*
- Scott Nisbet, president & CEO, Globus Family of Brands
*indicates newly elected
Finally, in destination news, the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) appointed Sindy Bohada as convention sales manager for the West Coast market for both corporate and association business. Bohada most recently served as sales manager for Hampton by Hilton Miami Beach.