This week in the travel industry has seen a number of executive moves in the cruise, hotel and airline spaces.
MSC Group named Michael Ungerer the CEO for its new luxury brand. Based out of the company’s global headquarters in Geneva, Ungerer will oversee the new brand, which will comprise four new, Yacht Club-style ships scheduled to launch once per year from spring 2023 through 2026.
Aqua Expeditions, meanwhile, announced that Benjamin Cross will serve as the consulting chef for the new expedition yacht Aqua Blu, which will set sail on its inaugural voyage November 16. Chef Cross has helmed a number of restaurants in Spain and Bali.
In tour operator news, Insight Vacations and Luxury Gold announced that Kristina Miranda will serve as their new vice president of sales, a promotion from her previous role as director of national and key accounts. In her new role, Kristina will manage all aspects of national accounts for Insight Vacations and Luxury Gold. She will continue to manage business strategies, grow relationships, inspire our sales team and develop new business.
In hotel news, COMO Hotels and Resorts named Elisa Chacon its senior global director of sales for the Americas. Based in New York, Elisa will manage both East and West coast global sales offices and be responsible for forging relationships with key luxury consortia, wholesale and high-end travel agencies. She has more than 12 years of sales experience in the hospitality industry and was most recently the regional director of sales for Jumby Bay Island Resort under the Oetker Collection.
A number of individual properties also made new leadership appointments this week:
- The Hilton Cleveland Downtown promoted Julia Austin to director of sales and marketing.
- The Harbor Club in Saint Lucia appointed Johann Friedrich Zwahlen its executive chef and Maxine Jemison Joins as its director of sales and marketing.
- The Kimpton Goodland Hotel named Sylvie Monsivais its director of sales and marketing.
- The Hilton West Palm Beach named David Ecija its general manager.
- Prince Waikiki announced the appointment of Joy Tomita Anderson as director of sales and marketing.
- In Turks and Caicos, Wymara Resort and Villas appointed Jorge Collazo as its new director of sales and marketing.
Finally, in air travel news, this week LATAM announced that its CEO, Enrigque Cueto Plaza, will step down on March 31, 2020, after 25 years. The airline group’s chief commercial officer, Roberto Alvo Milosawlewitsch, will take over the role.