This week in the travel industry a number of travel agencies, hotels and hotel companies made new executive appointments.
Rosewood Hotel Group made a number of key leadership appointments aimed at assisting with the company’s growth strategy. The company’s five new leaders are:
- Bede Barry as vice president, operations – Americas
- Micah Friedman as chief information officer – global
- Milet Lukey as vice president, talent and culture – Americas
- Jeffery Wong as vice president, finance – Americas and Europe
- Jack Xiao as vice president, financial controller – Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
Along with the new appointments, Rosewood also made several executive promotions. Achim Lenders, Caroline MacDonald and Irene Hoek have assumed the role of global vice president within their corresponding fields of operations, sales and marketing and residential development. Simultaneously, Frederic Vidal, Daniel Scott and Davide Bertilaccio now serve as regional vice presidents of properties in their respective regions.
A number of individual properties also made new leadership appointments this week:
- Hilton Anatole announced the appointment of Kimberly Zoulek to the position of director of sales and marketing.
- JW Marriott Chicago hired Destination Sales Executive Kelli Tretina.
Finally, this week Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, promoted Theresa Scalzitti to senior vice president of sales and marketing. Since joining Cruise Planners in 2016, Scalzitti was named Travel Agency Innovator of the Year by CLIA for the company’s MarTech advancements. Prior to that, she spent 21 years with Royal Caribbean International. She manages the strategic direction of the sales, marketing and business development teams, which includes public relations, digital strategy, corporate communications, creative programs, groups, CP Vacations and American Express programs. In the past, she also oversaw training and events, Cruise Planners said.