Cancun Travel Mart, one of Mexico’s largest tourism trade shows, culminated its 31st edition last week. Nearly 100 stands comprised of tourism providers, suppliers, and hotels from the Mexican Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the United States drew thousands to the convention, concluding a destination-wide week of new property openings and announcements. Here are the top five happenings from the event:
- Cancun announced a four-percent increase in tourism thus far in 2018 compared to the same period last year.
- Travel Mart generated 3,500 business meetings and $35 million in expected sales.
- AMResorts announced its seventh hospitality brand, Reflect Resorts & Spas, in partnership with Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. Reflect Resorts & Spas will be a mid-range brand housing all-inclusive luxury for couples, families, and groups in Mexico’s most popular destinations, beginning with three properties in Cancun, Los Cabos, and Nuevo Vallarta. AMResorts and Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe also announced new properties across its portfolio, including Sunscape Star and Now Natura Riviera in Cancun in 2019, and Secrets Marina Resort & Spa in Puerto Morelos by late 2020.
- Haven Riviera Cancun held its grand opening October 9, debuting an adults-only property which has 24-hour all-inclusive service, swim-out suites and daily live musical performances.
- New direct flights from Istanbul and Brazil will increase international airlift to Cancun, further connecting the Latin American, Asian and Middle Eastern markets to the destination.
For more information, visit http://cancuntravelmart.com/