National Travel Agent Day may be over, but a number of suppliers are running incentives all month long to express their appreciation for travel agents. We’ve rounded up the ones that are still available to keep in mind.
Some Flash Sales Are Still Available
Some short-term flash sales and incentives are still available for a few days. Avanti Destinations is continuing to offer a $50 bonus commission on all bookings made through May 4. Fellow tour operator Collette’s 10-day flash sale is still available through May 11, covering 40 air-inclusive tours to Europe with rates starting from $1,648 per person; mention code EUROPE349. Agents receive an extra $100 for every new retail booking during the sale.
Meanwhile, travel insurance provider Travelex Insurance Services is accepting entries for a social media prize drawing through May 9. In it agents can describe a time they “saved the day for a client, helping them travel on.” All travel agents who tell their story on the Travelex Insurance Services Facebook page will have a chance to win a prize package valued at $387. Three winners will receive both of the following:
- The Bigger Carry-On suitcase by Away with ejectable battery phone charger and built-in TSA-approved combination lock ($245 value)
- Travelex’s Partner Advantage trip cancellation plan with trip cost coverage up to $2,000 and innovative fixed benefits ($142 value)
Travel Agent Appreciation Month at GOGO Vacations
All month long, GOGO Vacations will be celebrating Travel Agent Appreciation Month by giving away $30,000 in prizes. All bookings made and paid in full in May will qualify for an automatic entry, and four winners will receive: a five-night, all-inclusive hotel stay certificate for two; two airline tickets; and $1,000 in gift cards. Winners will be announced weekly on May 11, 18, 25 and June 1. The participating hotels are Casa de Campo Resort & Villas in the Dominican Republic, UNICO 20°87° Hotel Riviera Maya, Grand Velas Los Cabos and Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa in Jamaica.
Trafalgar’s #MayWeThankYou Campaign
May will also be the month of Trafalgar’s #MayWeThankYou campaign. The month will see a number of rewards and incentives for travel agents, including:
- #MayWeThankYou Mailer – Rewarding consumers for booking with travel agents and encouraging future loyalty, Trafalgar is sending out preaddressed and stamped ‘thank you’ postcards to past guests that can be sent to their favorite travel agent. Guests can also share the postcards via social media with the hashtag #MayWeThankYou to be entered to win a travel credit worth $1000 towards a future Trafalgar vacation bookable via their agent of choice
- Travel Cash To Green Trees – This month agents can choose to join the Trafalgar Tribe and skip the $25 Travel Cash regularly earned for each guest booked and choose to plant another tree with partner One Tree Planted instead
- Surprise and Delight – Agents should be on the look-out all month for a number of potential surprises, Trafalgar said, ranging from in-person gift deliveries to Starbucks gift cards to the chance to be featured as a standout travel agents on the Trafalgar’s social media channels
Exodus Travels’ Responsible Tourism Initiative
Also this month, adventure tour operator Exodus Travels is celebrating travel agents by sharing the gift of adventure with kids who would otherwise go without. For every booking made during the month of May, the tour operator has pledged to send one additional child on an adventure with its responsible tourism initiative, The Inspiration Project.
The Inspiration Project provides local children with the opportunity to experience the same adventures as visitors to their countries, which they likely would never be able to afford to do, Exodus said. This year, Exodus has committed to sending 2,018 disadvantaged kids across the world on exciting, educational day trips. For many of these children, it is the first time they ever leave their villages or the place they grew up. They visit iconic sites, view wildlife, and learn more about their home country’s culture and history.
Organized by ASTA, Travel Agent Day aims to spotlight the value of travel agents on both social and traditional media. Tour operators and other travel suppliers typically offer special agent incentives and promotions on the day of and throughout the month of May, while organizations like ASTA and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) celebrate with social media highlights and other events.