Amadeus announced that Travel Leaders Corporate started processing live travel bookings using its Amadeus One point-of-sale desktop. The tool is designed to help agencies boost productivity, streamline operations, optimize procurement and enhance the traveler experience.
Moving through the desktop development phase and into production has been a true collaboration between Travel Leaders Corporate and Amadeus, according to Vic Pynn, executive vice president of corporate travel IT for Amadeus in the Americas region. “Our goal is to hone the solution under real business conditions to assure maximum benefit and value upon rollout to the marketplace,” said Pynn.
The Amadeus One desktop prototype was unveiled at last year’s NBTA Conference. Travel Leaders Corporate signed on as the first launch partner in November, and the development project was kicked-off in February. Pynn said the pilot with Travel Leaders Corporate will continue for a few months.
New enhancements and features added to the Amadeus One desktop since the prototype phase include:
* Amadeus Cryptic Magic – Addition of more commands and functionality in Amadeus’ proprietary, patent-pending “translation” feature that enables an agent to enter GDS cryptic commands at the point of sale and obtain the same rich policy compliant results as an agent operating in a graphical environment.
* Flexible Agent Air Flow – Another patent-pending exclusive feature of Amadeus One, providing the flexibility of cryptic air shopping and the power of the graphical user interface.
* Quick Find – New functionality to search for profiles and PNRs simultaneously, improving agent efficiency and productivity.
* Trip Builder Workspace – Patent-pending feature set that includes agent-driven segment select, deconstruction of fared itineraries, and full service exchange capabilities.
* Robust Rules Engine – Enhanced functionality that brings quality control and mid-office automation to the point of sale.
* Amadeus One Booking File – New functionality enabling the delivery of exceptional data services and availability.