For anyone attending ASTA’s upcoming International Destination Expo (Lima, Peru, March 1-4, 2012) selecting and booking their air, hotel or even pre- or post-tour option has been made easier, thanks to a new booking engine, that allows attendees to reserve all facets of their trip on one site. Nine pre-or post-tour options will be available, ASTA reports.
“No other association offers travel agents the kind of specialized, on-site training that ASTA does. To make it even easier for travel agents to attend our Lima Expo, we have worked to enhance their booking experience so that all aspects of their trip can arranged in one place, whether it’s signing up for complimentary sightseeing during the conference or arranging domestic air and a post-conference tour,” said Tony Gonchar, ASTA CEO.
Among the official properties of International Destination Expo that can be booked online today are:
• Westin Libertador. The largest hotel and convention center in Peru and the site of ASTA’s 2012 International Destination Expo, this property is located in Lima's busy financial and shopping districts and offers a combination of excitement, entertainment and adventure to its guests.
• Novotel. Located in San Isidro, opposite the city’s largest business district, the hotel features unique architectural and decorative accents.
• Casa Andina Private Collection. Contemporary design, cutting-edge technology and an ideal location combine with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean at this five-star hotel.
• Hotel Miraflores Park (OrientExpress). Spacious rooms and excellent personalized service are staples of this five-star property.
• Sheraton Lima. Located in Lima's business and commercial district, this hotel features an onsite casino.
In addition to training seminars IDE offers exclusive pre- and post-tour options;
• Nazca Lines & Paracas (2-Days / 1-Night)- For wildlife enthusiasts, an early morning boat ride to the Ballestas Islands will place them within easy observation distance of sea lions, various marine birds and a plethora of other creatures. This is a can't-miss tour for the aquatic animal lover. Starting at $445.
• Amazon River & Iguitos City (4-Days/ 3-Nights)- Voyage on the mighty Amazon River exploring shaded jungle landscapes as a speedboat whisks passengers to a secluded rainforest lodge to experience rustic luxury. Indigenous flora and fauna will be in abundance whether traveling by water or on an interactive hike. The journey ends at a sugar cane distillery with samples of sugar cane liquors. Starting at $189.
• Cusco Splendor (3-Days / 2-Nights) - Embark on an incredible journey into history with the exploration of the ancient majesty of the Incan Empire. Begin in the Incan capital city of Cusco and then take a scenic train ride to storied Machu Picchu. This informative excursion takes participants into the heart of some of Peru's most famous locations. Starting at $388.
• Colca Canyon & Arequipa (3-Days / 2-Nights) - A historical colonial background is presented over the course of three days as participants visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site, impressive Spanish colonial architecture and sweeping natural vistas. This tour takes guests into some of Peru's most charming towns and villages. Starting at $313.
• Jungles Experiences in Puerto Maldonado (3-Days / 2-Nights)- A relaxing and scenic motorized canoe takes guests to seek out wildlife in their natural habitats and is but one of the highlights in this adventure. This is the ideal tour for those who enjoy an immersion into nature with excellent animal viewing opportunities, including nocturnal critters. Starting at $119.
• Titicaca Lake & Puno (3-Days / 2-Nights)- Explore renowned Lake Titicaca, the world's highest navigable lake 12,553 feet above sea level, during this trip through several Peruvian cultural sites. Become acquainted with local customs and appreciate the magnificent mountain landscapes of the Cordillera Real on an expedition venturing to new heights. Starting at $199.
• The Pre-Inca Northern Kingdoms (4-Days / 3-Nights)- Choosing to spend a few days in Peru’s northern region means a visit to a universe with its own identity, a place where it’s possible to visit amazing archaeological sites and experience traditional cuisine and bygone colonial architecture. These sensational experiences culminate at the beach of Huanchaco Bay. Starting at $199.
• Wonders of Cusco (4-Days / 3-Nights) - An extended tour into the history of the Incan Empire, this far-reaching study not only lasts longer than the Cusco Splendor tour but it also take participants to more locations and delves deeper into the impact the Incas had on places such as Cusco and Machu Picchu. This comprehensive and interactive tour is the preeminent option for exploring these southern Peruvian attractions. Starting at $511.
• Inca Trail to Machu Picchu & Cusco City (9-Days / 8-Nights) - This so-called road, one of the routes heading from Cusco to Machu Picchu, is part of a network of trails the Incas built to unite the main administrative and religious centers of their vast empire, known to them as the Tahuantinsuyo. Starting at $1,173.
ASTA's International Destination Expo will provide agents with a one-of-a-kind onsite learning experience that immerses them in a destination, ensuring that upon their return home they are able to put newfound skills to work and boost their sales, ASTA says.
The event also offers agents:
• complimentary sightseeing tours that take them to the places their clients want to visit
• a trade show featuring suppliers they won't meet anywhere else
• networking opportunities that will translate into future sales
• industry-recognized destination certification
ASTA urges agents to register early as rates increase Nov. 6. Exclusive discounts from LAN Air, the official airline of ASTA’s International Destination Expo, may be available.