Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), is holding an inaugural Seminar at Sea aboard the MSC Meraviglia sailing to the Bahamas from November 17-21. The event includes CLIA’s industry-leading professional development, including five new seminars, paired with an opportunity to sail on the MSC Meraviglia and explore the new Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
CLIA's professional development and training programs leverage a wealth of expert knowledge and partnerships to deliver valuable education to travel agents and other industry professionals.
The seminar will consist of five live trainings for travel agents to participate in, including four new seminars debuting at the event:
- Better Listening Skills for Better Business: In this seminar, attendees will find out what behaviors to avoid to protect your ability to concentrate. Attendees will learn dozens of proven, practical strategies to reinforce their ability to recall, pay attention and really listen.
- Marketing 201: Implementing Effective Cruise Marketing: [NEW] This seminar will go through some proven techniques that can assist in creating effective marketing pieces for social media, newsletters, and other platforms
- Cruise Lead Generation – Using Lead Pages: Generating new cruise leads is one of the biggest challenges travel consultants face daily.This informative seminar will provide information on what this marketing tool is, how to set it up, design, and implement across all online media platforms.
- Luxury Cruise: Large Ship Luxury: Allows agents to learn how large ships are changing the luxury market. Discover how large ships are adding luxury appointments that will appeal to clients in every demographic.
- Luxury Cruise: Premium and Small Ship Luxury: This seminar will take travel agents through the premium and small ship luxury category and learn how they are appealing to clients of all ages and challenging everything travel agents know about luxury travel.
In addition to the onboard CLIA training, attendees can take advantage of this opportunity to network with travel agents from across North America. To register for the seminar at sea, please visit: cruising.org/SeminarAtSea, or to learn about additional CLIA Live Training events held throughout the year, visit cruising.org/livetraining.