Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) has opened enrollment for the 2018 Travel Agency Membership and Individual Agent Membership (IAM) programs. CLIA Membership provides agents help to navigate the cruise industry, attract more clients and increase their earnings. CLIA reports that it saw an increase of 294 percent in enrollment and certification numbers last year.
Travel agencies interested in joining can apply for either Travel Agency Membership. Individual Agent Membership is open to travel agents associated with a 2018 CLIA Travel Agency Member.
Additional CLIA member benefits include:
- Professional Development: CLIA provides professional development and educational training programs to member.
- Commissions and Travel Perks: Bonus commissions and personal travel discounts from cruise lines and partners. Revamped in 2016, 96% of cruise line offers submitted were paid.
- 2018 CLIA EMBARC ID: All Individual Agent Members receive the CLIA EMBARC ID, which entitles members preferred member pricing for Cruise360 and other events, as well as access to CLIA member benefits, including cruise line and partner commissions.
- Cruise Finder: Exclusively for CLIA members, Cruise Finder provides ship information, itineraries, onboard offerings and more across global cruise lines.
- Agent Finder: This search tool allows consumers to find cruise-focused travel professionals. Individual Agent Membership includes a complimentary listing beneath agency’s listing. Agents can boost themselves further by added an additional listing searchable by zip code for $19.95 for the full membership year.
- Cruise tv: Videos that can be shared directly with clients through social media or email.
- Plan a Cruise Month: Special members-only resources and promotions that help make the most of the annual consumer-based Plan a Cruise Month.
- Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: Members get discounted pricing on CLIA and Executive Partner products, including CLIA courses, event registrations and more.
- Connect with Key Cruise Line, Destination and Industry Representatives: CLIA events, including Cruise360 provide members with an opportunity to network with others in the industry while enjoying a week’s worth of professional development, ship inspections, and the latest industry trends.
- Relevant and Timely Information: CLIA’s monthly Travel Agent Cruise News delivers the latest information straight to member’s inbox. They also receive regular CLIA emails with members-only news alerts, professional development opportunities, and more.
For more information visit cruising.org.