|Photo by ericharding/iStock/Getty Images Plus/Getty Images|
The annual Plan a Cruise Month campaign, the multi-faceted campaign designed to generate widespread awareness of cruise travel, will be taking place this October. CLIA is providing travel agents with tips, tools, and techniques to enable them to engage with clients and plan the perfect cruise.
Travel Agent Toolkit Available
CLIA is offering travel agents a complete toolkit that includes assets to help best leverage the Plan a Cruise Month campaign and engage with new and existing clients. It includes:
- Plan a Cruise Month-branded merchandise order information: Details on how to order branded campaign merchandise.
- Press release: A customizable press release that agencies can send to local media.
- Social posts: Customizable posts to use on social media sites (Facebook and Twitter).
- Email: A customizable email template to send to clients and prospects.
- Cruise deals and promotions: Details about special Plan a Cruise Month deals and promotions from CLIA Cruise Line Members.
- Logos and visuals: Graphics to promote the campaign.
Travel Agent Twitter Event
Along with the Travel Agent Toolkit, Wednesday, September 28 from 12pm to 2:00pm EDT, agents can participate in the Travel Agent Plan a Cruise Month Twitter Event using the hashtag #CruiseMonth. The Twitter event offers agents an opportunity to tweet along with CLIA and chances to win prizes such as inaugural cruises and gift cards.
Deals and Promotions
Through the Travel Agent Toolkit during Plan a Cruise Month, travel agents will have access to exclusive discounts and promotions from a variety of CLIA Cruise Line Members, beginning September 27. Promotions range from free upgrades to reduced fares.
Travel Agent Rewards
New this year, CLIA is rewarding travel agents who customize and leverage the Plan a Cruise Month campaign in creative ways on social media, specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Throughout the month, CLIA will surprise, acknowledge and reward agents on social media with prizes and acknowledgements.
For more information on Plan a Cruise Month, visit www.cruising.org/cruise-vacationer/plan-a-cruise-month.
The toolkit is available to CLIA Travel Agency and Agent Members at www.cruising.org/PACMToolkit.