The 2013 Ensemble Travel Group International Conference will offer members, suppliers, and guests more than 40 focused learning opportunities over the course of its four-day annual event that kicks off at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs on Oct. 31, Ensemble reports.
Topics range from next generation Ensemble technology, social media best practices, and the changing role of the travel agent, to selling the affluent traveler, elevating your value with clients, and turning shoppers into buyers, Ensemble says.
In addition, daily “happy hour” sessions with select suppliers, indoor and outdoor experiential learning tours, and newly designed formats for the conference tradeshows and hotel partner exchanges promise content and networking that truly deliver results.
Peter Sheahan, founder and CEO of ChangeLabs, is the conference keynote speaker on Friday morning, Nov. 1. The results of ChangeLabs’ extensive research with Ensemble and dozens of other global organizations in various industries will be revealed and examined by Sheahan and a related panel immediately following the keynote.
In addition, the audience will learn how businesses use their expertise and confidence to differentiate themselves, how they build a brand around it, how their sales behavior changes because of it, how they build the infrastructure to support it, and how they deliver on it, Ensemble says.
• Larry Pimentel, president and CEO of Azamara Club Cruise Line, will facilitate one of two frontline travel agent trainings designed to give Ensemble members the inside track on setting themselves apart and attracting the luxury clients. Pimentel will also serve as a guest speaker during Saturday’s general session focused on selling to the affluent traveler.
• Bruce Poon Tip, founder of G Adventures and global leader in sustainability and social entrepreneurship, will speak at the Friday afternoon general session about the changing role of travel agents and how travel professionals can make a positive difference in our world.
• Craig Elston, senior vice president of insight and strategy for The Integer Group, will lead a recurring learning lab on Saturday and Sunday on how to turn “shoppers” into “buyers” by inspiring clients and remaining relevant in today’s ever-changing market.
• Meredith Hill, president of Gifted Travel Network (an Ensemble member agency), will facilitate a recurring learning lab on Saturday and Sunday on how to capitalize on referrals to grow your business.
• John Hughes and Peter Brown, both Deloitte executives and co-authors of The Power of the Best that showcases the best managed companies in Canada, will a lead a recurring learning lab on Saturday and Sunday focused on the critical lessons and skills needed to achieve business excellence, regardless of the specific product or service.
• Julie Durham and Tom Sycko, from Sabre Travel Network, will lead an eMatrix workshop on Thursday prior to the opening general session on the benefits of automated marketing to manage the customer experience.
The Conference will also feature a state-of-the-organization address by Co-Presidents Libbie Rice and Lindsay Pearlman, launch of new technology and marketing initiatives, and a series of evening activities.