In the last few weeks, Ensemble Travel Group and its members have earned nearly a dozen awards from three of its cruise partners as well as from the American Society of Travel Advisors, according to Ensemble executives. Honors include accolades from Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, and ASTA.
Ensemble Travel Group and its member agencies winning awards that evening included:
- Consortia Partner Excellence Award: Holland America Line – Ensemble; Princess Cruises – Ensemble;
- Canada Excellence Award: Holland America Line – Cruise Vacations Inc.;
- Western Region Excellence Award: Carnival Cruise Line – AffordableTours.com; Holland America Line – Insight Cruises;
- Eastern Region Excellence Award: Carnival Cruise Line – InteleTravel.com; Holland America Line – The Cruise Web Inc.; Princess Cruises – Travel Network/Vacation Central;
In the advocacy arena, three Ensemble members were honored at ASTA’s recent global convention in Washington, D.C. The prestigious awards included:
- 1st annual Susan D. Tanzman Inspiration Award – Betsy Geiser, vice president of Uniglobe Travel Center, for her passion and inspiration to encourage everyone to get involved, to stand up for what they believe in, and to do what’s best for the entire industry and not just for one. Tanzman, who passed away last fall, was a long-time member of Ensemble and had served on its board of directors. The award was presented by Ensemble Co-President Libbie Rice and Senior Director of Air and Travel Solutions Brian Chapin, CTC, CTIE, who was recently elected to the ASTA Board of Directors.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – John Haskins, vice president of Viking Travel/The Cruise Shop, for his dedication and fundraising expertise for ASTAPAC since 2007. Haskins has helped raise nearly $277,000 to keep ASTAPAC strong and healthy.
- Travel Advisor of the Year Finalist – Marisel Aleman, vice president of Cruise Elite Inc., for providing exceptional service for a client in a new and creative way that goes above and beyond the normal course of business.
Ensemble will be bestowing its own top producer and partner awards at the upcoming Ensemble Travel Group International Conference set for October 24-28 at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar in Nassau, the Bahamas.