|Jerry Davis, president of Alice Travel and Ensemble board chairperson|
Ensemble reports the election of two officer positions for the organization’s recently formed Ensemble Travel Group North American Board of Directors. Elected to the new leadership roles are Jerry Davis, president of Alice Travel in Fairfield, NJ, as board chairperson, and David Harris, president/owner of Orion Travelinx in Burlington, ON, as vice chairperson of the board.
Each will serve a one-year term with Harris moving into the chair position in June 2014. Davis has been in the industry for 20 years and has belonged to Ensemble since 1997. Harris is a 30-year industry veteran and a member of Ensemble for more than 13 years.
The Ensemble board is responsible for providing input on key strategic initiatives and programs to help members become more profitable and to support the Ensemble network of preferred suppliers. Board members guide the overall direction of the organization, strengthening and leveraging its North American position in the marketplace.
In the past, a non-voting Canadian Advisory Board supported this governing body. In late 2012, U.S. members overwhelmingly voted to change the organization’s bylaws, which created the opportunity for members in Canada to become full shareholders of Ensemble Travel Group as well as to run for a position on the board of directors.
|David Harris, president/owner of Orion Travelinx and vice chairperson of the board|
“Our unique North American structure allows us to take advantage of successful business practices from both sides of the border in order to deliver the very best products and services for our members and supplier partners,” Davis said. “Looking ahead, the board is committed to exploring additional opportunities that will meet the needs of our current membership as well as attract new business-minded travel professionals to our organization.”
In addition to Davis and Harris, the 2013 Ensemble Travel Group Board of Directors consists of:
• Ian Biddlecombe, TravelTST.ca, Richmond, BC
• Roxanne Boryczki, AZ Trails Travel, Fountain Hills, AZ
• Warren Buckner, Gayety Travel Service, Brooklyn, NY (member emeritus)
• Barbara Crowe, Ixtapa Travel, Saskatoon, SK
• Robert Durant, WD World Travel Ltd., Vancouver, BC
• Nadia Giudice-Aslan, Voyages Groupe Ideal, Montreal, QC
• Robbie Gold, Travel Center Tours, Chicago, IL
• Philip Houde, River East Travel & Cruise Centre, Winnipeg, MB
• Craig Pavlus, Pavlus Travel, Albuquerque, NM
• Jill Romano, Dimensions in Travel, Novato, CA
• Susan Tanzman, Martin’s Travel and Tours, Los Angeles
• Susan Weissberg, Wyllys Professional Travel, Coral Gables, FL