On November 14, 30 veterans are set to become the first to complete the new Veterans in Travel program, a partnership between Nexion Travel Group and Travel Leaders of Tomorrow that provides a path to careers in the travel industry and business ownership for military veterans. In 2019, the Veterans in Travel program expects to train at least an additional 35 veterans interested in launching a career as a professional travel advisor.
Training is provided through Travel Leaders of Tomorrow, a virtual learning community that trains prospective travel advisors. Each participant joins a team for weekly online study halls, lessons, lectures from faculty throughout the travel industry and one-on-one coaching from Travel Leaders of Tomorrow’s staff. At the end of the course, each person chooses a travel sales niche and presents a business plan for their future travel agency.
- Qualified Veterans in Travel scholarship recipients receive:
- Complete Travel Leaders of Tomorrow program access
- A waived activation fee upon joining Nexion Travel Group as a member
- Two years of free membership for Nexion Travel Group’s Nexion80 plan
- Coaching from Nexion Travel Group’s business coaches
- Mentorship from current Nexion Travel Group members who have served in the military
Nexion Travel Group is a fully accredited host agency, offering membership to independent travel professionals since 1995. As part of Travel Leaders Group, Nexion Travel Group provides ticketing, operations and fulfillment support to independent travel professionals coupled with tools, technology, marketing, education and support.
For more information, visit https://join.nexion.com/