With “proposal season” just a couple of months away, Honeymoons.com has released a new survey on the latest destination wedding and honeymoon trends to expect next year, particularly among Millennial travelers.
Insights gleaned from Honeymoons.com’s travel survey of engaged couples show:
- 37 percent will spend between $2,500-$5,500 on a seven-night stay
- 42 percent will take a seven-10 day honeymoon
- Top domestic destinations are Hawaii, Florida, and Las Vegas respectively
- Top international destinations are the Caribbean, Mexico, and Europe respectively
- 63 percent will book between one and 6 months from the engagement date
- Type of honeymoon they are looking for are #1 All Inclusive Resorts, #2 Beach, #3 Active/Adventure
- 25 percent are considering a cruise
- 80 percent will use social media - Facebook, Trip Advisor, Pinterest and Instagram to share and research their honeymoon
"98 percent of our audience, amounting to almost one million couples annually, will take a honeymoon" said Albert Hartigan, Jr., chief operating officer for Honeymoons.com, in a written release. "This average age 18-35 Millennial group will also spend $3+ billion on their honeymoon or destination wedding. Florida and Hawaii are the most popular U.S. destinations while the Caribbean and Mexico continue to be two most popular international destinations respectively, and seventy five percent will book their trip online. And almost 80 percent will use some form of social media to research and share their experience, and they are wired - almost 60 percent will us their mobile and tablet device while researching.”
In 2017, over 4,000 visitors to honeymoons.com opted into the travel survey. They shared in great detail their expected path from engagement to booking and their decision process, including how they plan, what they will spend, how they will share socially, and where they will go. The findings for the 2017 Honeymoons.com survey are based on 3,297 completed surveys.