In case you missed the results of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association’s (CHTA) election late last month, Travel Agent decided to give you a recap.
The officers who were elected at CHTA’s Annual General Meeting in Miami were Richard Doumeng (first vice president) of the U.S. Virgin Islands Hotel and Tourism, Josef Forstmayr (second vice president) of the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association, Sherille Hughes (third vice president) of the Anguilla Hotel and Tourism Association, Haydee Rainieri (fourth vice president) of the National Association for Hotel and Restaurants of the Dominican Republic, Willem Jonckheer (fifth vice president) of the Curacao Hospitality & Tourism Association and Jag Mehta (treasurer) of the Jamaica Hotel & Tourist Association.
Immediate Past President, Peter J. Odle, is now the Chairman of CHTA. In addition to the elected officers and in keeping with the CHTA Articles of Association, the president appointed the following members to serve as Regional Vice Presidents:
* John Lynch, Sandals & Beaches Resort, Jamaica
* Romney Penn, Hodge’s Creek Marina Hotel, BVI
* Reyson Pimentel, BlueBay Villas Cerradas, Dominican Republic
* Bill Clegg, Choice Hotels International, United States
* Kevin M. Kenny, Angostura Limited, Trinidad and Tobago.