The New York Travel Festival is coming to New York City Saturday, April 26, at Bohemian National Hall (321 East 73rd Street, between 1st and 2nd avenues in Manhattan) and Sunday, April 27 at Hostelling International - New York (891 Amsterdam Avenue, at 104th Street in Manhattan).
The show will offer panels, interactive discussions and workshops about hot-button travel topics.
On Sunday, G Adventures founder Bruce Poon Tip will be the headline speaker for the Matador Network Speaker Series from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. In a session entitled “Transformation in Travel,” Poon Tip will discuss lessons from his experiences as an entrepreneur and sustainable-travel advocate, as well as his new book, Looptail. Earlier, Lee Abbamonte – the youngest American to visit every country in the world – will be the Sunday afternoon keynote.
For travel industry professionals, full-weekend tickets cost $100 and include access to:
- Industry-only panels and speakers, in addition to those open to consumers
- Invitations to industry-only events both at Bohemian National Hall and off-premises.
Full-weekend consumer tickets are $45 and grant access to:
- Talks and panels from top names in the travel industry, including presentations by writers, editors and photographers from AFAR, the Major Media Partner of NY Trav Fest 2014
- Festival-only discounts from select sponsors
- In-venue giveaways, including gift certificates of up to $300 from ClothingArts.com
- Mezcal and food pairings at the Mexico bar
- Opportunities to discover new and up-and-coming tech travel companies at Travel 2.0 @ #NYTF.
Tickets for just April 27 are available for $15 at the door.
All ticket holders receive discounts on NYC tours offered before, during and after the festival by a selection of New York City–based tour companies in partnership with the NY Trav Fest.