Protravel International has announced that, for the first time, it is partnering with the 2017 Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Coca-Cola (NYCWFF). For the festival's 10th anniversary celebration, Protravel has created travel packages to be auctioned at select events to benefit the Food Bank For New York City and No Kid Hungry. From October 12-15, one of New York City's most popular culinary festivals will bring together over 400 world-renowned chefs and culinary personalities, and offer attendees a variety of culinary and entertainment experiences at over 75 events held at unique venues around the city.
"It is an honor to sponsor an event that not only brings world-class cuisine to local gourmets, but most importantly, makes such a big difference in our community by donating 100 percent of the proceeds to combat childhood hunger in America and New York City," said Gail Grimmett, president of Protravel International, in a written release. "Giving back is an essential part of who we are at Protravel, and we are proud to contribute to the cause by working with our supplier partners to create six exceptional luxury travel prizes to be auctioned for the two charities."
"The high-end trips Protravel International has donated, coupled with the world-class cuisines offered, are key to helping us promote hunger awareness and raise much needed funds to help end hunger," said Lee Brian Schrager, NYCWFF festival founder and director. "We are grateful for Protravel's help in assembling and generously donating these extraordinary travel packages this year."
Together with its supplier partners, Protravel assembled six trips for guests of select Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival dinners to bid on:
- A one-week stay for two at the Borgo Gaggioletto in Castiglion Fiorentino, a small city in eastern Tuscany, Italy.
- A three-night stay at the Four Seasons Punta Mita on Mexico's Riviera Nayarit. Guests will stay at an Ocean Villa Casita and have the opportunity to play a round of golf for two.
- A three-night stay at the Grace Bay Club, Turks & Caicos. Guests will be accommodated in a two-bedroom suite and can enjoy a full daily breakfast at the Grill Rouge.
- An all-inclusive seven-night stay in the Tower Lodge at the Chilko Experience Exclusive Wilderness Resort in British Columbia for two.
- A three-night stay at the Chablé Wellness Resort & Destination Spa in Yucatan, Mexico.
- A seven-night AmaWaterways wine-themed luxury river cruise.