Now through March 11, anyone attending ASTA’s International Destination Expo (San Juan, P.R., April 14-17) who books a four-night stay at the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino will get the fourth night free, according to ASTA.
"This is a fantastic opportunity not only to experience the in-depth, on-site training that you can only get at an ASTA International Destination Expo, but to experience first-hand one of Puerto Rico’s best properties," said Chris Russo, ASTA president and chair. "Starwood has always been a strong supporter of ASTA and continues to show through its ongoing support, the tremendous value they place on the travel agents."
The International Destination Expo provides agents with the resources to sell Puerto Rico and the Caribbean as a lucrative destination. Additional pre- and post-tours will give delegates the opportunity to explore Caribbean islands beyond the shores of Puerto Rico.
This year’s International Destination Expo offers:
• Four days of concentrated education, including a course on selling travel to Cuba, that will make travel agents who attend experts on the Caribbean;
• New destination certifications that can be added to one’s professional profile and used to attract new clientele;
• A trade show featuring local companies that can’t be found at any U.S.-based trade show;
• Complimentary sightseeing tours to allow travel agents to experience exactly what they sell to their clients;
• Ship inspections aboard the Carnival Victory, Celebrity Summit, Caribbean Princess, the Serenade of the Seas and the Adventure of the Seas.
• Pre- and post-tours throughout Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
"An educated travel professional is a more successful travel professional,” said Chris Austin, vice president, global retail leisure and luxury sales for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. "At Starwood, we truly value the power of learning and development and are fully committed to supporting those travel professionals who pledge their time to develop their careers by investing in education. The ASTA IDE in Puerto Rico is one such opportunity in the 2011 calendar for travel professionals to embrace, and our Puerto Rico resorts are here to welcome them and their customers."
Situated in near the Puerto Rico Convention Center District and next to the marina, the property is conveniently located just 10 minutes from the international airport and five minutes from Old San Juan. Among the amenities are: a terrace lobby bar, world-class casino, full-service spa, outdoor infinity pool and close proximity to the beach.
For more information about the IDE, visit www.asta.org/IDE.