The new 2017 SKAL International USA Executive Committee has officially taken office and recently held its winter board meeting in Orlando, Florida.
The committee has endorsed recommendations of its Futures Committee, as well as confirmed its formal mission statement, goals and objectives for the coming.
New officers for the coming year are Holly Power, president, SKAL International Boston; Burcin Turkkan, vice president of administration, SKAL International Atlanta; Alton Hagen, vice president of finance, SKAL International Kansas City; Toni Koster, vice president of membership, SKAL International Reno; Jim Dwyer, director of membership, SKAL International Northern New Jersey; Dave Ryan, director of membership, SKAL International Sacramento; Steve Richer, director of public relations and communications, SKAL International Washington; Cyndi Golden, SKAL International counselor, SKAL International Raleigh-Durham; Anita Peck, Auditor, SKAL International Albany; and Arthur Allis, auditor, SKAL International Tucson.
The new mission statement for SKAL International USA is: "Across all sectors of tourism, to provide maximum networking opportunities, career development, and business growth through leadership, trust, and friendship while supporting a responsible travel industry."
Other objectives of the committee include:
- Place SKAL in the United States on the national stage by working with other national tourism organizations.
- Gather real time intelligence from prospective members on what would drive their interest in SKAL.
- Highlight the networking strengths of SKAL as both a global and horizontal industry - organization.
- Focus on membership diversity.
- Use stronger clubs to help developing clubs.
- Build credibility and relevancy through stronger industry relationships nationally and internationally.
- Expand programs for younger members.
- Recruit individual members in locations without clubs.
SKAL International USA is currently the largest National Committee in Skal International and includes 2,000 members and 48 clubs nationwide.