Travel Leaders reports the results of its most recent Franchise Advisory Board elections in which six, new Travel Leaders Associates were chosen to represent their peers. They will join six additional members who continue serving two-year terms, Travel Leaders says.
The 12 Travel Leaders travel agency owners represent five regional districts throughout the United States plus two members represent the Leaders Group – the largest agencies in the Travel Leaders network.
The Franchise Advisory Board serves as a sounding board for the travel agency network’s strategic planning efforts and offers key leadership at Travel Leaders headquarters guidance on policy changes, program development and product introductions. The newly elected members were voted onto the Franchise Advisory Board by their colleagues from a slate of candidates for each respective region, during the 2013 Travel Leaders National Meeting in Atlanta, November 14-16, 2013. They include:
• Lisa Gilliatt (Cedar Rapids, IA) – elected to two-year term, representing the Mid Northwest District (Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin).
• Katherine Stirmlinger (St. Louis, MO) – elected to two-year term, representing the South Central District (Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas).
• Judy Clappin (East Greenwich, RI) – reelected to two-year term, representing the Northeast/Northern District (Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont).
• Mike King (Fredericksburg, VA) – reelected to two-year term, representing the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic District (Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia).
• Ted Child (Colchester, VT) – elected to two-year term, representing the Leaders Group.
• Alex Trettin (Tacoma, WA) – elected to two-year term, representing the Western District (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming).
Those six Travel Leaders will serve alongside these additional Travel Leaders members whose terms run through December 2014:
• Terry Denton (Fort Worth, TX) – South Central District
• Jay Ellenby (Bel Air, MD) – Southeast/Mid-Atlantic District
• Julie Harrington, CTC (Richland, WA) – Western District
• Denise Petricka (Eau Claire, WI) – Mid Northwest District
• Christy Prescott (San Antonio, TX) – Leader Group representative
• Ann Waters (Fort Wayne, IN) – Northeast/Northern District
“We are coming off of one of our most successful National Meetings ever, where we welcomed nearly 700 travel agents and travel industry leaders to Atlanta," said Roger E. Block, president of Travel Leaders Franchise Group. “We look forward to our continued collaboration with this group of dedicated business owners.
Travel Leaders is the flagship travel agency brand of Travel Leaders Group with approximately $18 billion in annual sales volume.