Travel Leaders Franchise Group reports it will convene a Host Agency Forum in Chicago on May 7 for its members interested in learning how to either expand their relationships with ICs or better manage existing relationships.
Travel Leaders’ Host Agency Forum will be held in tandem with its upcoming Regional Meeting scheduled for May 8; both events will take place at the same venue near Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.
The event is the first major initiative within Travel Leaders' recently announced Independent Contractor (IC) Center of Excellence.
“Many of our Travel Leaders members are redefining what it means to have a brick and mortar location by actively hosting Independent Contractors. In recognition of their growth, which parallels what we’re seeing throughout travel retailing, we created the Independent Contractor Center of Excellence for our members,” explained Roger E. Block, president of Travel Leaders Franchise Group.
“Travel Leaders’ Host Agency Forum is a full day event with content specifically geared toward our members who currently host 15 or fewer Independent Contractors and are hoping to expand and/or better manage these types of relationships," Block said.
Later this year, Travel Leaders said it will be conducting an advanced full day seminar for experienced host agencies.
Registration for Travel Leaders’ Host Agency Forum is strictly limited to Travel Leaders members and is complimentary. Speakers include:
• Stephanie Lee of HostAgencyReviews.com discussing why this segment of retail travel is so attractive today.
• Ann Van Leeuwen of the National Association of Career Travel Agents (NACTA) presenting trends and opportunities for growth.
• Travel Leaders Owner/Manager Panel from successful host agencies who will share their tactics and strategies.
• Patty Noonan of The Travel Institute covering agent training opportunities.
• Bob Brill, Travel Leaders Group’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel who will review the legal issues surrounding IC relationships.
• Jose Ferreira, Travel Leaders Franchise Group Vice President of Travel Technology and Marketing will showcase the role of his team in helping Travel Leaders members manage ICs.
“Along with opportunities for peer-to-peer networking, our forum will showcase best practices and industry experts who will discuss managing ICs and increasing sales without increasing overhead,” noted Block.
Travel Leaders’ Host Agency Forum will meet from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on May 7.