The 2008 National Leisure Travel Monitor, a study of attitudes and preferences of American travelers, has released the findings of a study identifying the favored travel plans for vacationers this year. Here are some of the results:
• 70 percent want to vacation in beautiful scenery.
• 50 percent are looking for a beach experience. Florida is the preferred domestic destination.
• More than 1/3 like going to theme parks.
• 40 percent want to stay at a hotel with a casually elegant atmosphere.
• 2/3 want to go to a place they have never visited before.
• 20 percent want to go fishing, gambling or to a spa.
• 10 percent are interested in a nude recreation experience.