Travelport, operating the Apollo, Galileo and Worldspan global distribution systems (GDS), reports the launch of an enhanced version of Travelport Agencia in Canada. An advanced, web-based application, Travelport says Agencia is the only travel agency desktop tool that allows agents to shop, book and modify Air Canada’s full content and travel options along with global airline content from the Apollo GDS.
Travelport says the release offers many new capabilities, including automatic PNR creation with enhanced finishing in the Apollo system, the ability to do multi-city PNRs and modify bookings.
Features and benefits include:
• Shop with confidence: The Agencia application offers full parity with Air Canada’s fares and ancillary services and integration with the Apollo GDS to improve efficiency and workflows;
• Shop one-way, round-trip, open jaw and multi-city itineraries: With available options returned from Air Canada and other airline content from the Apollo GDS. Agents can also cross shop all Air Canada fares, Private fares and Flight Passes;
• Shop, price and book Air Canada’s domestic, transborder and international itineraries and fares: A full range of options are offered, including Tango, Tango Plus, Latitude, Executive Class fares, Corporate fares and Private fares as well as Flight Passes;
• Increase efficiency and service: Bookings completed in Agencia, whether with Air Canada or any other carrier, are automatically added to a PNR in the Apollo GDS. This Apollo PNR can be viewed in Galileo Desktop or with the Travelport Smartpoint App point-and-click desktop tool. Now, agents can modify an Agencia booking, add or change Air Canada flights, and enjoy the automatic updating of the changes into the Apollo PNR; and
• Boost productivity, lower costs and minimize errors: There’s no need to move between different systems to secure the best flight options for customers. The application also supports the agency’s Air Canada commission, discount and payment agreements.
According to Derek Sharp, president, the Americas, Travelport: "Travelport’s collaboration with Air Canada and the investment we’ve made in delivering Agencia, a tool that enables Canadian agents to book all Air Canada content in an efficient and streamlined manner, demonstrates our ability to develop next generation distribution and shopping solutions that are capable of merchandizing an airlines’ full line of products and optional services. Integration of Air Canada’s content into a single screen is an industry first and allows Canadian agents to offer the traveller fully informed travel choice.”
Sharp added, “This agreement is completely consistent with the way Travelport is looking to partner with all airlines on merchandizing, optional ancillary sales and product differentiation. We have the capability to achieve full content for all subscribers, merchandizing Air Canada’s full line of products and services through APIs and there is no bypass of either the GDS or of our travel agency partners.”