TripScope, a travel app designed for travel professionals to effectively communicate to clients, reports its launch. TripScope allows travel agents to deliver clients customized itineraries directly on their smartphones, while also providing geo-tagged, interactive city guides and destination recommendations relevant to each client's interests, TripScope says.
TripScope says it offers proprietary software that allows both travel agent and client to communicate with each other from anywhere around the world. TripScope also says it allows agents to market their services through their client's social media sites, generating a greater reach of referrals, potential clients, and increased revenues.
TripScope CEO and founder, Katelyn O'Shaughnessy, said that after 3 months in beta with two of the largest travel groups in the U.S., TripScope has signed up 67 independent travel agencies in addition to 17,000 agents comprised of leisure, corporate and independent travel agents. TripScope says it was developed to ensure clients are properly prepared, informed, and connected throughout the entire duration of their travel experience.
TripScope is the latest in a series of mobile offerings aimed at travel agents. Recently, Classic Vacations rolled out the ability for agents to give their clients mobile access to their travel documents and itinerary.
In November, Sabre debuted a mobile app of its own that allows travel agents to booking and customer service functions via mobile devices.
TripScope delivers detailed itineraries directly onto travelers' smart phones, providing clients with interactive geo-tagged destination guides pertinent to each client's interests, TripScope says. "We have implemented push notification software that allows both agent and client to send and receive PN Messages within 20 minute intervals of clients not having wi-fi, avoiding costly long distance and roaming fees," TripScope says.
Features cited by TripScope include:
- Delivers agent-generated digital itineraries directly to the smart phones of travelers.
- Agent-facing website allows travel professionals to conveniently format, create, and customize itineraries, city guides, and maps.
- The data from the TripScope website automatically populates to the clients smartphone via the TripScope app.
- TripScope says it is the first to create push notification software that allows a direct line of communication between agents and their clients in an easy-to-use, secure way, putting the agent at the front and center of the travel experience.
- Travelers can get real-time itinerary changes, chat with the agent from anywhere in the world, even rate their agent on various social sites, TripScope says.
- Includes state of the art city guides that include dining options, sightseeing, tours, history, and practical information for travelers.
- Hotels, tours, and reservations are detailed with descriptions, amenities, and pictures, utilizing the geo-tagged interactive map.
- Serves as a marketing and referral tool that hyperlinks agents name and website with every picture, video, and post their client shares on social media sites through the TripScope app.
- Clients can document their travels with the geo-tagged photo album that can be shared on various social media platforms. With its white-labeling structure, agents can upload agency or consortia logos, as well as personalized agent info and pictures.
TripScope describes itself as a business to business to consumer (B2B2C) travel app designed specifically for travel agents to provide itinerary information to their clients. It has an agent-facing website, where agents input the logistics of clientís itineraries, which then populates to the clients smartphone, starting with the iPhone. TripScope says it is now available for download on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tripscope/id733773727